Monday, September 11, 2006

Kutna Hora

We went on a day trip to Kutna Hora two weekends ago, and went to an ossuary (bone church). It was pretty interesting.




Apparently ossuaries are all over Europe, especially in the UK. I had never heard of such a thing. Maybe the most interesting part were peoples' reactions. One boy walked in, looked like he was going to cry, and walked right out. Some people definitely took a slightly voyeuristic, morbid interest, and others seemed to just take it at face value as a sample of an interesting trend way back in the day.
This last picture is from a park about a 15 minute walk from my flat. It's up a big hill, and on the top there's a vineyard (which Zach is looking at) with a cafe type place where you can have a drink and look out over the amazing view. I like it a lot, it's really pretty. I do want to pick the grapes, though, but I'm guessing they would frown on that.


I tried the Czech fast-track class today. It was... fast. I think I'm going to try and stick with it, though, because it will force me to study really hard and pick up as much czech as I can while I'm here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home